Make Words Curve in Silhouette Studio 4.1
Fellow crafters, are you searching for how to make words curve in Silhouette Studio 4.1? This is a very valuable skill, and I was so excited when I learned how!
Did I mention it’s super easy?
Once you learn, you’ll be on your way to making car decals, school spirit shirts, framed word art and more!
My video tutorial for how to make words curve in Silhouette Studio
What can you make once you know how to curve text in Silhouette Studio?
- Car Decals with school logos. The curved text above and below adds dimension, and the cool factor!
- Awesome shirts like this one are also a great thing to make. (this one shows how to make words curve with Silhouette Studio using the elipse tool pulled out like a football).
- In addition, the images below are examples of how to make words curve with Silhouette Studio using the elipse tool. If you hold down the shift key in Silhouette Studio after selecting the elipse tool it makes a circle. Just make sure you don’t let go of the shift key first, or it will switch back to an elipse. This feature is also useful for making Cookies for Santa plates. Who doesn’t love cookies?
- Using the same technique, you could easily transfer custom designs to glass windows, wooden signs, and more! The possibilities are endless!
Let’s recap! To make words curve in Silhouette Studio
- Draw a Shape with the shape tool menu
- Use the text tool to type your words
- Double click the text until the green box pops up.
- Grab the small circle with the crosshairs and drag it to the part of the shape you want the text to contour to.
- Adjust the text until it’s just right. After that, with only the text selected, Right Click and select Convert to Path.
Don’t forget to delete the shape you were following, so that it doesn’t accidentally cut.
That’s it. You now know everything you need to make text curve in Silhouette Studio. Therefore, go forth and craft amazing things. If you need more help check out the blog or find us on Facebook!
One last thing, if you are still running on Silhouette Basic, and are interested in learning other features besides how to make text curve in Silhouette Studio, check out Design Edition Upgrade Features, where I walk you through some of my favorite features you get when you upgrade.
If you need free or cheap fonts for commercial use, here’s where I buy mine!
You might also like:
*Some of the links in this blog post are affiliate links from companies that I do business with. This allows me to keep making more blog posts like this one to help crafters everywhere! Thanks for your support