The best gifts for crafters and makers can be hard to find, and buying them a gift can be a little overwhelming, you know since they can make everything cute themselves, but with over 5 years of crafting experience, I am here to tell you what to buy a crafter for Christmas this year!
1. A Cutting Machine! Cutting machines allow crafters to cut with incredible accuracy 100s of different kinds of materials that they can use to create things like banners, decals for cars, wine glasses, wooden signs, labels for anything, custom shirts, stencils, fabric iron ons, teacher gifts, and on and on and on. The possibilities are literally endless, exciting, and within reach. If you want to give the gift that wows buy a cutting machine!
The most popular ones are the Silhouette Cameo 3, and the Cricut Maker this year. I personally own and love my SIlhouette Cameo 3. It can always be found on sale for $249.99-$269.99 and it comes in 3 colors white, black and the new pink color was just released in October. The Cricut Maker was released this year and runs $399.99 currently. There are tons of resources available to learn how to use a cutting machine online, and accessories make great stocking stuffers! Here’s a link to both for your convenience. The Cricut Maker has to have internet access to work, and can only cut vinyl up to 2 feet long at one time where as the Silhouette Cameo 3 can be used without internet, and can cut up to 10 feet long. Both machines allow you to create your own designs, or purchase designs from the programs on line library, however the Silhouette Cameo software has enhanced features that gives it an edge over Cricut, and more designs available for purchase in its library.. You can’t go wrong with either machine, however I am recommending the Silhouette Cameo 3 this holiday season based on my own personal experience! Here are links to both machines for your convenience. Just click the picture to check them out.
Silhouette Cameo 3 White Black and Pink all available with free shipping if you have Prime. Just click the image to order!
2. Cutting Machine Accessories also make great gifts for crafters. From cardstock, to vinyl, pens, tape, cutting mats, and blades, a crafters stocking and heart would overflow this year if you filled it with any of these items!
Great for Silhouette Cameo machine owners- An extra mat is always great to have on hand when one wears out, or you can keep one for glitter messy stuff, and one for everything else! The dust cover linked in the middle photo comes in several colors and keeps the machine clean and out of the way of little hands and furry animals if needed! The far right photo is the thing I have used the most! It upgraded my software to allow me to import .SVG files which I use all the time, and it allows me to import applique files into silhouette so I can cut out my fabric pieces, and it also enhanced tracing capabilities and several other things….just buy it, you won’t regret it!
Great for Fabric Loving Crafters: Anyone who lives with a fabric crafter knows they have special scissors, so it would make sense that there would be a fabric only blade for cutting machines. The blue one is for the Silhouette Cameo products. Heat and Bond is also a safe bet for Fabric lovers as they use it to attach fabric to stuff, and it makes it much easier to cut fabric with a cutting machine if you have this attached to the back. A small travel iron could save a crafters marriage, and is a great addition to a fabric lovers craft room. Has you ever went to iron clothes for work, and searched high and low for your iron? Spouses of crafters know what I’m talking about. No one wants to go upstairs at 6am, to hunt down the iron that may or may not have glitter stuck to the plate…do everyone a favor and buy this tiny little travel iron that can be stored in the craftroom, and the tabletop ironing board goes hand in hand with the iron. This one is awesome because it folds up and has a hook like a hanger, so you can store it in the craft room closet when not in use!
Great for Scrapbookers or Paper loving Crafters
This paper pack has great colors and would be awesome for a scrapbook or banner!
I use this Fiskars cutter weekly to trim cardstock, even cut vinyl rolls, make quick shapes, and to measure packages when I ship sometimes!
These are the replacement blades for the trimmer above. It’s always nice to have a back up so you never have to use a dull blade. Dull blades don’t go well with paper crafting!
A vinyl weeding tool allows you to remove the pieces of cut vinyl you don’t need when making decals, stencils or designs with a vinyl cutting machine like the SIlhouette Cameo 3 or Cricut Maker. This tool is life changing!
The scraper is used to rub the transfer tape over the vinyl to help you move the vinyl off of it’s paper backing when you’re ready.
This Ottlite Lightbox is awesome! Someone please send this to my husband! you put your vinyl on it and it lights up the lines so you can see the spots you need to clear out better!
This assorted vinyl pack would be perfect for someone just starting out! It has
- 10 7×12 sheets of Oracle 651 which can be used for car decals or cups, or labels,
- 3 sheets of 12×12 oracle 631 which would be used for wall decals, or signs. Oracle 651 is more permanent than 631, but both are removeable with enough elbow grease.
- 3 sheets of patterned Oracle vinyl which look cool as monograms on cups, or laptop decals, or notebooks
- 4 Sheets – 12 Inch x 15 Inch Siser Easyweed Heat Transfer
- 3 Sheets – 12 Inch x 20 Inch Siser Easyweed Glitter Heat Transfer
- 100% Genuine Oracal Vinyl and Siser Heat Transfer which is exactly what I used to make this stuff
- Compatible with any Vinyl Cutter Including Cameo, Cricut, Brother!
Oracle 631 wall decal
Oracle 631 wooden sign
Oracle 631 used to stencil
Oracle 631 Window Decal
Oracle 651 Matte Ornament
Oracle 651 Monogram Ring Dish
Oracle 651 Personalized Soccer Easter bucket
Siser Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl and Printed HTV with Siser Glitter
This stencil vinyl on the far left is my favorite medium for making stencils for wooden signs. It’s not as sticky as regular Oracle 631 or 651, and it’s slightly transparent which makes lining it up on boards so much easier. In the middle mod podge has been used to seal off a stencil area before painting to help prevent bleeding, and it can also be used to seal a sign if needed. The far right features a sandpaper variety pack that will allow your sign maker to sand smooth, distress, and repair boo boos on wooden signs.
This variety starter pack of Heat transfer vinyl( will allow a shirt maker to create several shirts and try out lots of colors and textures for a great price! It includes 10 sheets!
Teflon sheets protect your project fom damaging your project, heat press, or iron when you are using heat to apply a heat transfer vinyl decal to a shirt! There are also great tutorials on using them to make your own pressing pillows!
A rhinestone kit from Silhouette studio is a fun edition to any shirt makers craft room! If your crafter loves bling and has a silhouette cameo, they will love this!
3. Heat Press and teflon sheet. This is for the crafter who loves all of the cute shirts with funny phrases, or wants to personalize shirts, dish towels, and bags for friends and family. Maybe they already have a cutting machine, and they’re ready to go to the next step. If you see your crafter trying to iron on decals on their hands and knees with a cookie sheet on the floor, please buy them a heat press! You will change their life! I started with a 15″ clam shell from Heat press nation. If you think she would ever want to make mugs or hats get a press that can grow with her future needs, or just get a clamshell! I have a 15′ clamshell like this one.
This one is an awesome bundle with great reviews, and would be great for a small business just starting out!
Teflon sheets are a must with a heat press. They protect the material you are pressing, and with 3 this size you can use one to make a pressing pillow! Don’t buy a heat press without a teflon sheet. That’s like giving a remote control car with no batteries!
4. Vinyl Starter Pack. I love purchasing my vinyl from Amazon, because they have great deals and free shipping with prime and they sell my favorite vinyl, Oracle and Siser. The starter packs are great for newbies to have lots of colors to play with. Order Oracle 651 for car decals, wine glass decals, and wooden signs, and Siser HTV(Heat Transfer Vinyl) for making shirts and other fabric craft things. I recommend Siser Stretch HTV for Baby Onesies and Ladies tops to account for the stretch in the chest of a fitted shirt.
Oracle 651 comes in tons of colors, but 63 sheets of colors would be sure to keep someone busy for a little while! This is great for decals on cars, glass, plastic, and wood.
This amazing bundle has so many colors you can craft something for every holiday!
Click on the image to order with free shipping on Amazon Prime
Siser Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl Perfect for shirts and other fabric!
Siser Stretch Bundle My favorite for Baby Onesies and stretchy clothing. This bundle has 20 colors. I’ve only used about 7!
Stencil Vinyl for making wooden signs and stencils. I was so happy when I switched to this for sign making! Cuts smooth on the silhouette, installs easily on wooden signs and is a little bit see through to help with placement. It’s not as sticky as Oracle 651, so it’s easier to lift and move if you need to.
5. Scrapbooking Pens with a scrapbook and a giftcard to have prints made, oh and glue dots…she wants them!
This super cute scrapbook will be perfect for her to capture all of the special memories you shared recently. Wrap it in a photo box with some glue dots and pens and some of your favorite photos and she will melt!
Glue dots are like magic! They hold pictures and notes and journaling cards on the pages! They would make a great stocking stuffer!
These have great reviews and write so well on the black paper inside the scrapbook above!
Shutterfly prints https://www.shutterfly.com/prints
6. Scissors I love the Fiskars brand, they have a Lifetime warranty and I got mine easily replaced when I needed to swap them out under warranty with a simple phone call!
7. Glue If you learn how to say this correctly she will be super impressed. It’s a glue/sealer with a matte finish. Perfect for tons of DIY projects! Trust me, she’ll know what to do with it! I use it on wooden signs, block sets, stenciling, and to glitter things!
8. Wine glasses and armor etch to glass etch.
I like to purchase my wine glasses at Bed Bath and Beyond and use a 20% off coupon, which you can get a coupon here https://offers.bedbathandbeyond.com/SignupWidget/dynamic/BBBUS-email-printable-offers?acq_source=1212, or if you just need a couple you can purchase some at Target, or Dollar Tree. The armor etch is sold lots of places, but here’s a link to amazon for your convenience
9. Acrylic paints and brushes
Americana is my favorite brand of paints. Great coverage and dries fast!
This starter pack has their most popular colors and free shipping with Prime! I love amazon!!!
Foam brushes are a necessity!
10. The Xyron Creative Station. Makes stickers, laminates, turns things into magnets, and is gernally just amazing for scrapbookers, crafters, teachers, and me!. It comes preloaded with a cartridge, but if she wants to laminate or make magnets you’ll need to add the other cartridges, or you can pick them up for her birthday!
If she wants to laminate things for scrapbooking or kids crafts get her this cartridge too
Magnet Cartridge here turns pictures and artwork into Magnets
11. Gift Cards to her favorite place! These make great stocking stuffers, and will allow her to buy what she really wants! Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and JoAnne Fabrics are some of my favorite places.
12. Books about Crafting
Washi Tape Crafts…yes!!!!
Caligraphy always fascinated me, but my handwriting stinks! Might try this to see what I’m doing wrong!
Don’t forget the giftwrap! Buffalo plaid is so in this year!!!
and a bow
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links of products I use and love! Happy Crafting!